Beanies' progress...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday 14 June 2012

First yoga class...


Light stretch anyone....?


On Monday I had my first pregnancy yoga class....it was brill!



We're a small group of five...most women are 30 something weeks pregnant...one is three weeks away from dropping her sprogglet!

Our teacher Smita is brilliant, really calming and soothing and worked us quite well.

I thought it would be all joss sticks and plinky plonkey music....but it wasn't.

We had some light stretching which reminded me of some tai chi moves i've done.

Lots of pelvic floor exercises...

Tummy and back moves.....

Then the chill out at the end ....yummy

That was the good news......

The bad news....?

I'm as stiff as a board, so likely to struggle a bit.

Also, following morning at 4am I went to the loo, did a wee then went back to bed. Ten minutes later i sneezed and a gush of wee came out ...yikes! Never happened before...so I'll need to ask if I did my exercises wrong or something.....I'm meant to be getting stronger downstairs not weaker!

Lawdy....just but me a jumbo pack of Tena ladies!

Five more classes to go....so lets see what shape I'm in at the end!

Tip to share: Rub your tummy, mentally speak to your baby, send it good messages, visualise light heading to your baby. It really works! beanie went crazy for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment