Beanies' progress...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday 30 May 2012

A visit to A+E....

Ironically, I was watching this when I had to go to A+E!



You may recall my moans about feeling constipated the other day.....

Well, the pain got worse, cramps, severe bloating, couldn't pass any stools and extremely uncomfortable to even walk.

I was off work and laying on my mums' sofa all day writhing in agony.

Goodness knows why i was playing the hero...

Eventually after several pessaries (no joy), rhubarb celery and pepper (odd combo but yummy), preperation h (soothing) and a hobble to the high street (sheer hell), being put on hold for ages for the out of hours doctor service (frustrating) I accepted my mums suggestion that I go to hospital.

Holby City will have to wait for iPlayer I guess!


When I got there I queued as all good brits do.... only for some suited guy to jump in front of me to ask the reception a question about his dad and where they should wait....It's only beacuse I was in agony I didn't mouth off....grrrr!

Given a ticket and told to wait. 

Seen within an hour by A+E nurse...he was lovely and dealt with me when I went in at 6 weeks with abdominal pain. Did a urine sample, gave blood (via my hand really painful :( ) and then waited for another 2.5 hours for the duty gynae doc to see me.

She was really lovely, full of apologies for the delay, they were really busy...

Quick chat, scan and awful prodding which really hurt....

Verdict...although I'm  a bit constipated the issue is fibroid degeneration. They are large now and still too many to count. They've taken the blood supply but need more, which they aren't getting as they're too big so 'acting up wanting attention' Doc Julie seemed a bit sorry for me and questioned whether I'd had heavy periods.I thought mine were normal but when she went through symptoms looks like they're heavy! How do you compare anyway?!

Given pain killers, advised to take the coil to reduce bleeding on periods when they resume, told to take some hardcore laxatives.

Also due to mild bleed I'd had on weekend after sex, was advised if it happens again to avoid having sex until baby is born.


I was so pleased to see Beanie but ashamed to say the pain was so overwhelming and exhausting i could barely register any excitement other than to smile weakly.

All done within four hours....

God Bless the NHS....

No comments:

Post a Comment