Beanies' progress...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday 17 March 2012

boobs, bras & besties...



Can you believe it...what if this half of the species invented the bra(!)

Heading into week seven according to my scan and my boobs are killing me. I wake up in agony and have to cup them when getting out of bed. The feeling is similar to having a large lead weight inserted into them.

The suffering must stop...time for a new bra.

I got measured in Mothercare and to be honest the woman seemed somewhat intimidated...I'm not sure if I looked grumpy grumpier than usual, or whether the thought of being in a small cubicle with a pregnant large bosomed woman in pain was more than she could bear, but neither of us wanted to be there.

She measured me up and did an awful job....I knew she'd sized me wrong (40DD when I wear a too tight 34F) but i didn't have the heart to say, even when the uncomfortable bra was placed upon me I simply said "oooh, yes that's great!" like a numpty and paid £18 for the privilege! The Bear took a sneaky glance at the size label...I told him later don't bother it was wrong.

So I trotted off to Bravissimo to get measured upon the recommendation of my bestie who is approx six weeks ahead of me.

I was measured up as 36F but for pregnancy I should wear a 38E, starting on the tightest clasp then expand as my rib cage expands.

I also bought a pack of Genie Bras from BHS to lounge around the house and sleep in. Pricey but tres comfy. I'm not keen on my bust shape in them though so wouldn't wear it to work etc but lunging around is fine. Something to sleep in at last!


What do you see...? Boob or belly?

You may recall I mentioned my bestie, we'll call her The Rock (she'll love that she has a wrestler reference!) it was mainly for alliteration....however I should mention that my fabulous friend of over a quarter of a century is having her first baby due in September or October (depending if s/he is late or early!). it'll be great sharing the journey with her, plus we get to hang out loads on mat leave! Anyway, thought I ought to mention The Rock, seeing as she's tres special an' all!

I am now feeling a bit more jolly again.....

Roll on week 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment