Beanies' progress...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday 2 March 2012

5 +1 - GP appointment

I trotted off to my GP this morning. The Bear agreed for me to go solo as it's a quick appointment.

I've already been in touch with my midwifery team and they gave me the impression I was 'logged in the system'.

However GP said I was not :-/

Anyway, I told GP I was confirming my pregnancy. She asked if it was planned and i said yes, so she beamed and offered her congratulations, which was really sweet.

She listened to my heart for a murmur - no murmuring, so that's all good.

GP gave me a copy Emma's Diary , which contains tips, advice and vouchers.
The Bear will love that! You can also collect a free gift




I asked her a few questions: can i dye my hair, relax (perm for Afro hair) my hair  apparently the answer is yes.

Should i have an early scan if i can afford it - "No"

Should I be worried my symptoms have virtually disappeared - "No, they settle down, be glad"

Clearblue digital gave me a reading of 3+ very early on in pregnancy, what does this mean : "Nothing, they're not reliable on conception indicators"

And with that I was given a form to fill in to exempt me from paying for prescriptions during pregnancy and one year afterwards. I handed it in at reception. I'll get a card in the post shortly.


GP also made a point of reminding me not to return to smoking - listed all the reasons why not to smoke and ended with "do it for baby, OK?"




Choose and Book was up the spout, so she'll chase up the midwife referral.
From 24 weeks onwards I'll see Dr D instead of the midwife.

All done in ten minutes.


It's starting to feel real now!

No comments:

Post a Comment