Beanies' progress...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday 15 March 2012

Drama...

Yesterday I had some brown smudging accompanied with some pain.

Brown stains stopped today but the pain continued, so I checked out NHS Direct. NHS Direct said contact your GP.

I called my GP still thinking it wasn't too big a deal and rather than waste an appointment I'll wait for GP to talk on the phone to me.

I spoke with GP and she ordered me in for an examination.

She found a hard lumpy mass on my left abdomen and was quite concerened about it...so was i after she prodded it, man was it sore!

I was given a referral letter and sent straight to A&E Gynaecology, as my GP was worried the hard mass on my left hand side was a possible ectopic, albeit too early and high for one.

I sat in A&E trying not to bawl my eyes out.
Mum came to meet me as OH didn't fancy explaining to his manager (his manager is also known as Satan's right hand man!) and to be honest I thought there'd be no need as by the time he'd get down to the hospital I;d be seen.

Anyway, I was seen very quickly. I had my assessments, question, blood, urine and a rather uncomfortable internal exam all done within an hour and a half. brief wait and then I was scanned....

It was an internal scan and a bit uncomfortable but well worth it!

Beanie was seen in the right place, with heartbeat pulsing as well. I was so relieved!

Consultants also found three large fibroid in my uterus. These are likely to be the culprits of the lumpy mass found by GP. i was told they will grow as blood increases in the area. This means I'll need to be managed for blood loss as there's a risk of hemorrhaging during labour and after birth stage. Other than that their position is not too bad and not blocking entrance to cervix.

Everything else is fine and dandy...ovaries are also a.o.k!

Good day all in all.

Walked away with a scan picture to show OH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment